THE JIMI HENDRIX TRIBUTE
From the team behind the SOLD-OUT 2017 Sydney Guitar Festival hit, Crossroads - A Tribute to Eric Clapton, comes an homage to possibly the greatest human to weild the axe, Jimi Hendrix.
Purple Haze: The Jimi Hendrix Tribute is a spectacularly staged tribute with 9 of our greatest guitar players performing all the biggest hits that have made Jimi the legend he was.
Foxy Lady, Hey Joe, Watchtower, Purple Haze, Voodoo Chile. Culminating in a massive psychedelic fueled jam that you will never forget. Inspired by Jimi Hendrix's unparalleled creative and musical influence Purple Haze: The Jimi Hendrix Tribute is a tribute concert that brings together an all-star line-up of some of Australia's musical guitar greats each performing their 2 favorite Jimi Hendrix songs and a couple of surprise duets.
- Jak Housden – Founder of the Badloves, currently in The Whitlams
- Peter Northcote - Guitar maestro has played with Dragon, Tom Jones & Sha
- nia TwainDai Pritchard – Billy Thorpes right hand man also plays with Rose Tattoo
- Steve Edmonds – Hendrix Guru has played with Jimmy Barnes & Richard Clapton
- Grant Walmsley – founder of the Screaming Jets
- Chris Kamzelas
- Brett Williams – The Choirboys
- Steve Williams – Lead Guitar in Wa Wa Nee
- Joel McDonald – Frankies Houseband
- On the Drums – Mick Skelton – Baby Animals, Richard Clapton, Wendy Matthews
- And on Bass - Dario Bortolin – Baby Animals, INXS , Jimmy Barnes
Join this stellar cast as they pull out their best axes and pay homage to Jimi.
When & Where:
Sat 11 Aug, 8pm
The Concourse, Chatswood